Restoring your Teeth can Restore your Confidence!
Veneers, which are also known as dental laminates, are the most common, most natural looking and aesthetic type of dental bonding that dentist’s use today. Veneers are used to correct a variety of dental problems and can be part of a total smile makeover.
According to cosmetic dentists, veneers can benefit your teeth by:
- Reshaping teeth that are too small
- Correcting unevenly shaped teeth
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Restoring luster and whiteness to stained teeth that have not responded to other whitening methods
- Straightening misaligned teeth and improving your smile
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are nonmetal. They are made of porcelain or plastic materials. Veneers are glued in place over the front of teeth to restore a pleasing smile. Veneers are applied in a simple procedure that usually requires little or no anesthesia.
- Veneers can make up for years of dental neglect. Veneers can correct severely stained teeth from coffee or cigarette smoking. Veneers are a great way to cover up old metal amalgam fillings that have become discolored are darkened.
- Veneers can often be used as an alternative to more extensive orthodontic treatments.
- Veneers can be used in some cases to close gaps or spaces between teeth that traditionally had to be accomplished with braces.
Bonding with veneers can usually be completed in a single office visit, depending on the extent of restoration needed. Even if extended visits are necessary, most patients notice a significant difference in the appearance of their teeth after the first visit.
Dental Veneers Look Very Natural
Unlike other dental bonding material that dentists used in the past, today’s ultra-thin veneers are translucent, meaning that they let light pass through them much like the surface enamel of your real teeth, therefore giving a veneered tooth a very real and natural luster. Veneers are very natural looking and will last a very long time. They will not stain or discolor like natural teeth can. Veneers can also correct bite problems and help prevent tooth decay. The materials used in laminates are very flexible, expanding and contracting with the natural tooth, preventing cracks and tooth loss.
For many people, cosmetic dental bonding using veneers, can be the first and only step needed to restore your perfect smile.